Sunday, December 5, 2010

...better late than never...

Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).


The longer I think about this question, the more answers I have to choose from! Thanksgiving. A face-to-face heart-to-heart with a best friend. Tea parties on the front porch. Just stopping to notice. 


But really? the place where I most consistently feel alive? This still feels odd to admit, but I do think it's a good thing... At the gym! In Spinning class, on a stationary bike, riding my heart out. Knowing there's nothing I have to prove, but just doing my best for that day. Feeling the wheel spinning beneath my feet, turning my face to search for a breath of cool air from the fans, the scratchy towel removing the sweat from my hands and the handlebars, the countless ounces of water imbibed to cool and lubricate the working muscles--that's one of my favorite places to be, and one of the best parts of my day.

1 comment:

  1. hey, it's not really late. there are absolutely no rules. :) love it!

    ReplyDelete